No local content Close
Welcome to the micro homepage!
The page is not available in your local language
IATE Language Pairs
**New release of IATE Extraction May 28th 2022**
- More than 5% changes (additions-deletions-modifications) since the previous release
- 56,000 termEntries with 430,000 terms of the Court of Justice of the European Union have been added
IATE Language Pairs in various formats for direct import in your CAT ToolIATE (Interactive Terminology for Europe) is the EU's terminology database.
It is used in the EU institutions and agencies since summer 2004 for the collection, dissemination and management of EU-specific terminology.
The IATE database, which is updated regularly, can be queried on the Web, and the total database or subsets of it can be downloaded, however the format used is TBX, that needs to be converted before it can be imported into your CAT Tool as virtually no CAT Tool supports that format.
On my website, santrans.net I offer for download each of the 552 Language Pairs, extracted from the IATE database and converted into various formats (.csv, .tmx, .xml, .txt.), for direct import into almost any CAT Tool and allowing you to use the IATE terminology also without internet access.
The following CAT Tools are directly supported or can use one or more of the different file sets provided in my packages and detailed installation instructions are provided for most of them:
- Trados Studio,
- Each Language Pair contains the Latin and Multiple Language terms (very important for translations in the botany, agricultural, food, trade, physics, chemistry, law domains)
- Synonyms are handled in a consistent way, suited to the intended CAT Tool
- Comments (between brackets) in terms are stripped and moved to a separate field
- Subject fields are localized into the target language
- one-, two-, three-char terms and abbreviations can be separately imported, if required
- Besides file sets for the complete Language Pair, also 6 subsets for defined domain groups are available in the package, allowing for lighter local databases
NOTE FROM RWS: in order to select, purchase and download your language pairs, go directly to the website of the developer, santrans.net. RWS are unable to validate them as the developer 'currently' creates 552 language pairs as separately purchased downloads. Once you leave this site any actions are at your own risk.
Support website: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/rws-appstore/f/rws-appstore
SDL Trados Studio 2021 Version 2021.1.0.0:
Trados Studio 2022 Version 2022.1.0.0: